PREA values and respects the privacy of our member companies, their employees, our prospects, visitors, staff and clients. We recognize the importance of protecting personally identifiable information or sensitive business information that you may share with us.
What information does the Partnership collect?
You may submit or be asked to provide certain company information or personally identifiable information to us when you:
- Submit requests to our offices or Web sites in person, by e-mail, fax, telephone, postal mail and other means;
- Request information from the Partnership via our contact forms, brochures, marketing pieces, surveys or Web sites;
- Communicate with us by sending letters, articles or information for publication; news releases; e-mails; faxes; reports; publications; presentations or other materials;
- Join the Partnership or renew your company membership;
- Sign up for a Partnership committee or for recognition as one of your company’s official representatives;
- Ask for assistance from the Partnership in matters that involve governmental regulations, business incentive applications or the relocation or expansion of a company;
- Register for or attend Partnership events, workshops or seminars.
How does the Partnership use information you provide?
We use information you and/or your company provide to personalize your service; to better understand your needs as a member; to broaden our relationship with you and your company; to develop and market products and services that may be of interest to you; to collect data needed to analyze business trends in the Houston market; to publish and distribute our business directories, newsletters and other products; to promote the Greater Houston region by providing accurate data on industries and resources; to develop educational programs; to respond to inquiries from the news media; and to assist other agencies and organizations in strengthening the Houston business community and its worldwide connections. We share our information with other companies, agencies and organizations subject to applicable laws and the “opt-out” provisions of this policy.
What information does the Partnership keep confidential?
The Partnership does not discuss or disclose information about: (1) pending economic development projects, (2) pending or anticipated litigation, (3) the private activities of our volunteers or staff that are unrelated to Partnership business and (4) items about which confidentiality is required by law, court order or contract.
Can the Partnership prevent third-party access to personal information?
E-mail, faxes, mail, the Internet and other means of communication are never 100 percent secure by nature. We cannot guarantee that your private communications or other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government under certain circumstances. Or, a third party might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, we may (and you authorize us to) disclose your personally identifiable information to private entities, courts of law, law enforcement or other government officials as necessary or appropriate. We do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private under all circumstances.
What if you have other questions?
If you have any questions regarding our policy, please contact the Partnership at email@example.com or call (772) 245-0336.